Data Analytics Manager
Tipping Point · San Francisco, CAData + Analytics Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Partners & Advocates Human Rights & Equality $135000 Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
About Tipping Point
Tipping Point’s mission is to break the cycle of poverty for people in the Bay Area who don’t have the resources to meet their basic needs. Since 2005, Tipping Point has raised more than $260 million for early childhood, education, employment, and housing solutions in the region. Our board covers 100% of our operating costs, so every dollar donated goes where it’s needed most. Last year, we helped more than 20,000 people connect to opportunities that break the cycle of poverty. Visit www.tippingpoint.org to learn more.
Tipping Point’s core values are at the heart of everything we do and we look for individuals who share our commitments:
- We are one community. We believe that the responsibility for fighting poverty belongs to all of us.
- We serve. Our approach is humble and respectful. We exist to meet the needs of others.
- We celebrate generosity. Every gift counts, whether big or small.
- We get results. We are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- We are always learning. We are risk takers. We commit to facing our challenges as we support solutions that last.
We are seeking a strong quantitative thinker who uses all types of data to address issues affecting Bay Area poverty to join our team as Data Analytics Manager. Tipping Point’s model depends on a rigorous assessment and understanding of all of its investments. In addition, Tipping Point requires critical and ongoing information on the extent of poverty in the Bay Area and ways to assess Bay Area poverty and deprivation. The Data Analytics Manager will serve as the in-house expert on all forms of data collection, management and analysis, working closely with Tipping Point’s Program Team to develop appropriate measures for each of Tipping Point’s portfolios and initiatives, assess investment performance, and measure progress against Tipping Point’s goals.
The Data Analytics Manager will sit on the Impact Team, may manage one position focused on providing analytical support, and reports to the Senior Director of Impact.
What will you do?
- Oversee, maintain and improve the methods and systems used to track and monitor grantee performance, and Tipping Point’s programmatic and policy investments.
- Devise and create new methods and systems to track and monitor investments.
Data analysis + management
- Analyze complex datasets using a variety of tools, such as statistical, graphical, spreadsheet, and CRM software. Consult Impact Team members on these tools and quantitative methods.
- Using Tipping Point’s Impact Framework, collect and analyze data to understand the impact of Tipping Point’s grantees, portfolio areas, and capacity building efforts on Bay Area poverty.
- Lead the process of gathering data to determine the impact of Tipping Point’s investments and grantee client, board, and staff demographics.
- Serve as the lead on all data; collect, house, and aggregate data across portfolio areas.
- Respond to data inquiries, fact check data, and ensure accuracy of metrics and data.
- Conceptualize and execute data-analysis projects; design surveys as needed.
- Create strategies for effective data management.
- Develop and implement best data monitoring and analysis practices.
Consult on data-related issues
- Advise the Program Team in the areas of data analysis, performance measurement, and associated systems. With Capacity Building, also advise grantees on these issues.
- Work closely with other members of Tipping Point’s Program Team to assess and understand grantee and portfolio performance.
- Manage one staff member, Intern or Fellow, responsible for providing analytical support: holds this role accountable for performance goals; supports professional development opportunities.
- Coach and advise supervisee; provide supportive and constructive feedback.
- Lead functional efforts as needed.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this position will change from time to time in accordance with Tipping Point's needs. More specifically, the Data Analytics Manager may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Who are you?
- You have at least 7 years of relevant professional experience, including working as an analyst, data scientist, evaluator, or other roles in data-rich environments.
- You have advanced quantitative skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize data; experience with statistical, survey, CRM and graphical tools.
- You have demonstrated initiative and the ability to self-direct multiple, overlapping projects; working independently with minimal guidance or only in highly complex situations.
- You are deadline driven. You have a proven track record of delivering high-quality work with short deadlines.
- You are an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces innovation and adaptability.
- You have an intellectual curiosity; dedication to excellence and strong attention to detail.
- You are an effective communicator. You are able to relay complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Experience tackling social sector issues using data.
- You are passionate. You are excited about Tipping Point’s mission and values, and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Nice to have*:
- Experience with varied evaluation approaches like random assignment, quasi-experimental, and qualitative methods.
- Experience with data science tools and/or working on data science projects.
“Nice to have” really means just that; it’s entirely possible that you don’t have this and are still a strong candidate for the role. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Salary + classification
Tipping Point is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in a salary negotiation process for any candidate. We will make our best offer, and it will be the same regardless of the candidate. The annual starting salary for the Data Analytics Manager role is $135,000. This position meets the exemption requirements as defined by state and federal law. Exempt employees are paid on a salaried basis, and their salary is intended to constitute their entire regular compensation, regardless of the number of hours they work; therefore, exempt employees are not eligible for overtime pay.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tipping Point will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.