Tidepool · Palo Alto, CADesign + UX Health & Well-Being Partners & Advocates Posted 1 month ago Claim this company
Are you ready to ideate, sketch, prototype, iterate, and refine? Product Designers at Tidepool partner closely with cross functional team members from product, engineering, data science, and training.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Design the interfaces of Tidepool's web and mobile products
- Create clean and consistent experiences across those platforms
- Apply user-centered design processes to solve data-driven problems
- Communicate design intent to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with our design, product, and engineering teams to iterate on concept prototypes and production software.
- Incorporate findings from interviews and user tests in order to delight and empower our users.
What’s in it for you:
- Impact: your contributions will be instrumental in helping Tidepool revolutionize diabetes management across the world.
- Flexibility: our entire team works remotely 100% of the time.
- Autonomy: we encourage you to push boundaries and challenge others for the greater good of the company and our users.
Who You Are:
- You thrive on solving complex design challenges vs being provided with the solution.
- Others describe you as a change agent.
- You look for ways to push the envelope, paving new paths of accomplishing goals.
- You lean more towards being a visionary vs a follower.
Ideal experiences you can bring to Tidepool:
- You have successfully pitched a big ‘pivot’ or new direction at a former employer.
- You have a portfolio that speaks to your strong UI (high fidelity) design background.
- Your portfolio includes examples of disruptive innovation.
Our vision of the ideal candidate:
- A BA/BS or higher in design, user experience, human-computer interaction, visual arts, or equivalent practical experience.
- A dedication to learning.
- A portfolio you can share and discuss that demonstrates your design practice
- Expertise with design software such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator,
- Photoshop, Framer, Zeplin, or equivalent.
- Experience in design best practices, including a deep understanding of mobile and responsive web design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, including usability and accessibility.
- A strong knowledge of visual design fundamentals including layout, color, and typography.
- Experience with one or more of the following: user research, prototyping, human factors engineering, data visualization
- Experience building, creating and maintaining design systems.
Most of the Tidepool team has a personal connection to diabetes. If you don’t, that’s cool, but you should have a demonstrated empathy for other chronic conditions, and be prepared to learn about and have empathy for the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position – you’ll be working from home and interacting with a team that works around the world, currently in 14 states and 8 countries. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity here.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your resumé to email@example.com.
Tidepool is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization on a mission to make diabetes data more accessible, actionable, and meaningful for people with diabetes, their care teams, and researchers. Founded in 2013, Tidepool hosts a suite of free software tools for people with diabetes and the clinics that serve them, including Tidepool Web, Tidepool Mobile, Tidepool Uploader, and, pending submission to FDA and associated review, Tidepool Loop. Learn more at tidepool.org. Follow us on Twitter at @Tidepool_org and on Facebook and Instagram.