Time's Up · New York, NY/Washington, DCOperations Human Rights & Equality $120000 Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Who We Are
TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women, up and down the wage scale and across industries, came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We don’t just want to hold employers accountable when sexual harassment happens —we are also committed to building a world where workplaces are safe, fair, and dignified for all women, across our complex and multi-faceted identities. We are led and guided by a diverse and committed board of directors and community of leaders working to achieve our mission by:
- Preventing sexual harassment, abuse, retaliation, and other forms of discrimination before it starts and protecting workers when it happens;
- Removing barriers so women have a fair shot at success and security;
- Increasing women’s representation and power at every level of every industry — starting with entertainment, advertising, health care, and tech; and
- Challenging racist and sexist norms, policies, and practices that deepen existing inequities.
The ambitions of TIME’S UP are realized by TIME’S UP Now, an independent, nonpartisan, and not-for-profit 501(c)(4) charitable organization, and the TIME’S UP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, TIME’S UP’s Digital Director will oversee all aspects of digital communications for the organization, prioritizing the development of an educational content hub that provides women with critical resources and information and gives advocates opportunities to take action on a variety of workplace-related issues. This role will manage staff and must be adept at working as part of a team as well as managing work across teams.
- Lead the organization’s online content strategy, helping to shift narratives and attitudes about issues affecting women at work;
- Oversee the growth and development of the organization’s social media channels, email program, and a small constellation of websites;
- Spearhead the development of web-based education resources that empower and mobilize women to take action for their own safety and for equity across job categories, industries, and geographies;
- Place our core audiences at the center of your efforts, designing engaging material and content to cultivate and grow the TIME’S UP universe for the long term;
- Manage the technical execution of all content types, collaborating as necessary with vendors, communications staff, and other departments;
- Identify and seize rapid response moments, coordinating digital mobilizations to advance communications and advocacy objectives;
- Integrate best practices for online fundraising into the TIME’S UP content stream;
- Coordinate with coalition partners, influencers, and other external stakeholders on campaigns or initiatives;
- Drive the organization’s SEO strategy to further develop brand awareness for TIME’S UP;
- Use analytics to measure success of each endeavor, reporting out to the organization on progress toward goals;
- Work across departments to build and sustain campaigns that encourage action across a range of digital platforms;
- Manage and develop staff; and
- Develop detailed strategy plans, production schedules, and budgets to achieve excellence across digital marketing functions – including content, social media, website, the TIME’S UP Store, and our email program.
- 7+ years of relevant experience working in digital content, digital marketing, online campaigning, or similar roles on a political campaign, non-profit, or agency
- Demonstrated passion and day-to-day interest in intersectional women’s issues, policy, and culture
- Advanced expertise with digital media platforms, including digital content creation
- Proven ability to develop, scale, and iterate on digital products
- Outstanding ability to write compelling copy in a variety of forms, voices, and styles
- Expertise in planning an exciting, motivating stream of content for various audiences
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven project management skills and an innate ability to make things happen
- Comfortable adapting to shifting priorities and timelines
- Relentlessly curious about how to make the best digital products possible, reach and influence core audiences, and deepen TIME’S UP’s connection with working women
- Deep creativity that permeates all aspects of your work
- Self-motivated, with a positive and problem-solving attitude
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; ability to shelve ego in support of a larger cause
- Entrepreneurial energy
- Understanding of digital advertising, including search, social media, display, and more
- Bachelor’s degree
- Management experience
- Graphic design experience
- Video editing or production experience
- Fluency with HTML
- Familiarity with EveryAction
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Preferably based in New York or Washington, D.C.; will work East Coast hours
- Some travel required
- A minimum starting salary of $120,000 will be provided to a successful candidate meeting the minimum requirements for the position
Where We Work
- Women-inspired workplace
- Great team with new mission and energy
- Generous benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home options
TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to email@example.com. Thank you!