Digital Product Designer - Spanish Language
Planned Parenthood · New York, NYDesign + UX Health & Well-Being Human Rights & Equality Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
About the Digital Products team: The Planned Parenthood Digital Products team provides reliable and scalable applications and technology programs and services in support of health care delivery, sex education, advocacy, fundraising, and internal operations. This past year we were awarded the World's Most Innovative Company in Education from Fast Company,
PURPOSE: The Digital Product Designer - Spanish Language will work to ensure we are designing an integrated suite of digital products that centers around our users need for sexual and reproductive health care that works for them with a special focus on improving health inequity with the LatinX community. The Digital Product Designer will report to the Director of Product Design, Digital Products.
- Information Architecture - Working alongside partners to assist in defining IA.
- High level IA Models - Organizing the structure and relationship of content that match natural user categorizations. (Sitemaps, Service blueprint)
- User Research - Helping to guide product level research and collaborate across teams with a special focus on adapting and creating experiences for Spanish language patients.
- Collaborate on writing user research and testing plans - These should help define themes of product research, and how we will execute them.
- In person user engagement - Maintaining a regular cadence of in person and remote user engagement so we may center our designs around their lived experiences.
- Collaborate on synthesis - Distill insights into an easily digestible format for working teams to understand our areas of opportunity.
- User Experience Design - Driving UX on a product level and integration across teams, and accounting in differences in experience for Spanish language patients.
- Collaborates on creating data driven personas - To empower teams to better relate to our target users alongside their healthcare journey.
- Patient journey map - Centering all of our digital products in the context of the patients ongoing and evolving journey to navigate the complex healthcare space.
- Logic flows - Mapping easily understood flows around how Planned Parenthood’s content is served up based off user interaction with our digital products.
- Wireflows - To demonstrate the structural screen to screen interaction on how a user navigates through all parts of a feature or experience.
- Collaborating on product copy - Directional guidance for stakeholders and collaborators to work on effective product copy focused improving user engagement.
- Visual Design - Pushing the collaborative evolution of design patterns and themes.
- Visual designs and assets - For max and min states, both UI elements, as well as supporting visual components.
- Interaction Design - Assisting in identifying and communicating the importance of IXD.
- Prototypes and motion tests - That enable users and product teams to better understand how proposed features will look, work, and feel before investment is made into development.
- Product design socialization
- Design thinking - Be a champion for design thinking and human-centered digital innovation within Digital Products, and Digital Product Design as well as with the broader Planned Parenthood Federation.
- Research socialization - Report on regular user research to deepen the DP’s understanding of our core audience and their needs, and incorporate learnings into both new and existing products.
- Measure of Success - The Digital Product Designer will be successful when they define our target users’ core needs within the healthcare journey and produce meaningful features across our suite of digital products that empower users to access healthcare and to advocate for these rights no matter who, or where they are in this journey with a focus on beautifully functional, visually engaging, and scalable human centered user experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- 3+ years expertise in designing scalable end-to-end digital experiences.
- Strong visual design portfolio with an emphasis on minimalism and clarity across a diverse mix of digital formats, including websites, and mobile apps.
- Experience with product design tools, including (but not limited to) Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma and prototyping tools like Principal.
- Designing for Spanish language experiences.
- A working knowledge on how digital products are structured and built on the technical end, so that designs are created with proper structure and development lift in mind.
- Experience working with brand standards.
- Experience designing, conducting, and synthesizing lean user research.
- An interest in designing solutions for both complex logic flows as well as engaging user experiences.
- Experience successfully integrating into work across distributed teams.
- Great communicator; using verbal, written, and visual tools to openly collaborate and grow the interpersonal relationships that create a fluid work culture within working teams.
- Comfortable with flexibility, showing the ability to work between both proactive and reactive work streams with grace.
- Openness for mentorship and being comfortable with different areas of opportunity for growth.
- Comfort with changing priorities and patience for process.
- Have strong empathy for the user and a passion for designing for social impact.
- Systems thinker with one eye always on improving the larger picture through efficient design solutions that responsively adapt to platforms, users, and situations.
- Open to travel for user research.
- Fluency in Spanish or additional languages.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience designing for telepresence experiences.
- Experience working on products in the birth control/period tracking space.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience designing digital healthcare products.
- Experience with hands on front-end development a plus.
- Experience with motion graphics skills.