Software Engineer, Seller Ads
Etsy · Brooklyn, NYEngineering Environment Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is hiring product-focused Software Engineers to join the Seller Ads team. This role is excellent for a collaborative full-stack or backend engineer with an interest in building an experience that allows our sellers to broaden their impact.
The Etsy marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world. These users constitute a vibrant global community of sellers who expect Etsy to help them scale their businesses through advanced advertising capabilities aimed at drawing buyers to their shops. Are you interested in empowering the growth of millions of small businesses?
Our team is responsible for building a marketing platform that helps our sellers grow their businesses by driving traffic to their listings from leading ad networks like Google in addition to on-site advertising. We’re building a diversified set of tools that enables sellers to grow their business and understand the impact of their efforts without needing to know anything about paid advertising.
We’re a cross-functional group of engineers, researchers, designers, and product managers. Here’s a taste of the problems we’re solving:
- How can we make advertising relatable to our sellers, so they can focus more on their craft?
- How do we keep our inventory of 60+ million listings synchronized across our distributed data stores?
- How can we optimize seller spend across many ad products, in order to make sure sellers are getting the best return possible on their advertising budgets?
- How can we build an attribution platform that is transparent, reliable, and scalable?
Our product work is in PHP, React, MySQL, Memcache, and our big data stack is in Scalding; we are proud to have an engineering culture that encourages career growth and learning. You can learn more about our philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog: http://codeascraft.com/
We are language-agnostic in our approach to interviewing.
This role is located in our Brooklyn HQ.
About the Role
- Have experience operating within a large codebase and working to create simplicity from complex systems.
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making. You’re comfortable iterating, backtracking, and making tough calls on what to roll out based on data.
- Have working knowledge and experience with third party integrationsWrite understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Enjoy thinking about the implications of your work on our sellers. You are comfortable collaborating with Product Managers and Data Analysts to ensure that you’re delivering impactful product features.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.