Motiv Power Systems · Foster City, CAData + Analytics Environment Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
We are looking for a smart, driven, and enthusiastic Data Analyst to join us in transforming an industry. In this role, you will use data visualization programs, tools and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling, understanding and interpretation of trends and patterns of vehicle behavior and performance.
Our core values are deep passion, curiosity, collaboration, customer focus and “owning it”. As with all roles at Motiv, your alignment with these values will be critical to your success here. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Design processes to transform raw data into actionable business insights, actively establish systems and build tools to make data more accessible to internal and external users
- Build vehicle performance dashboards for customers and internal stakeholders using relational database
- Work closely with the engineering team to define and collect vehicle data parameters needed to properly analyze fleet performance
- Be Motiv’s point person for any data related tasks (analysis, visualizations, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customer support to define what data we collect and how it is visualized
- Generate fleet performance reports for customers and state/federal incentive programs
Required Experience and Skills
- BA/BS in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering - or equivalent in experience
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, data cleaning, building user friendly dashboards, and insight generation
- Proven history of finding valuable insights from complex sets of data
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, sales and operations
- Strong SQL, Python, or equivalent experience
- Strong data-visualization and time series analysis skills
- Advanced Microsoft skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Results oriented, hands-on mentality, and can-do attitude
- Must be an authorized US Citizen
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Motiv Power Systems, a leading provider of software and technology to electrify medium duty commercial vehicles, is committed to freeing fleets from their dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv’s EPIC (Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis) are CARB certified, GSA approved, and available for many configurations including step vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. An EPIC offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of gasoline or diesel power.
Motiv is the only Ford eQVM-approved provider of all-electric chassis for commercial trucks and buses and benefits from engineering insights and support from Ford to ensure safety and reliability. With more than 500,000 miles logged among several of the largest fleet operators in the United States, the EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.