Junior Frontend Engineer
RapidSOS · New York, NYEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
RapidSOS is hiring! Join an advanced emergency technology start-up in transforming emergency response for hundreds of millions of people globally.
Working with 4,000+ first responders and with $100M+ of investment, RapidSOS is transforming the technology backbone for emergency response (see John Oliver on the Challenge). Today, RapidSOS supports 150 million+ emergencies annually in partnership with leading tech companies such as Apple, Google, Uber, and Microsoft, among many others. In the last 20 months, we've tripled the size of the company (domestically and internationally) while bringing in 10x+ revenue. We're looking for someone like you to help us continue to save over 6,000 lives!
RapidSOS is backed by top venture capital firms and the former C-suite of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Virgin Group, Luc
Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What this role is about:
RapidSOS is looking to hire a highly motivated Junior Technical Project Manager to help coordinate and manage our weekly release cadence of mission-critical software. You will own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and the management of releases for all software projects on a weekly basis.
What you’ll do if chosen for this role:
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
- Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects
- Release Branch creation and management
- Maintained policies and procedures to support configuration and release management processes for all software development projects.
- Provided Release/Implementation Project Management services that include Supporting the Release Management Process to set and baseline release scope
- Release notes generation in correlation with software releases
- Coordinate/Manage multiple software releases on a weekly basis
- Coordinate/Manage meetings to receive software release status
- Organize/document release meeting notes for all teams to reference
- Review Jira Software tickets and Engineering Pull Requests on a per release basis to ensure planned work accuracy
- Managing the Engineering Release Dates Dashboard to reflect the accuracy of our release dates
What We Offer
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
- Flexible startup work environment and a fun atmosphere
Experience and Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ of hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with a specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages, a must
- Must have a strong work ethic with good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, analytical mind, and problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.