Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Earnest · Salt Lake City, UTEngineering Education Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We're an accomplished team of technology, finance, and design geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
Our culture is one that values transparency and blameless problem solving. Earnest has a strong track record of employee growth and career progression. Earnies are empathetic, product-focused, proactive, and curious.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Earnest you’ll build the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $3+ billion in loans actively serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building an extensible, modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
On the server side, we use Node.js. On the client-side we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
- Integrate data science and machine learning models to automate loan decisions
- Integrate against third-party APIs to gather and analyze additional data
- Launching new product lines and other lines of credit
- Integration with strategic business partners
- Accelerate funding of loans
We use Node.js and Docker to implement almost all our projects with a touch of React or Angular for UI work.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Extensive experience with Node.js preferred
- Professional experience in React/Redux desirable
- Work experience with databases such as PostgresSQL
- Domain experience developing software for Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you to save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.