Software Engineer, Backend
Fathom Health · San Francisco, CAEngineering Partners & Advocates Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
We’re seeking exceptional Backend Engineers to work on data products that drive the core of our business--a backend expert able to unify data, and build systems that scale from both an operational and an organizational perspective.
As a Backend Engineer you will:
- Develop data infrastructure to ingest, sanitize and normalize a broad range of medical data, such as electronics health records, journals, established medical ontologies, crowd-sourced labelling and other human inputs.
- Build performant and expressive interfaces to the data
- Build infrastructure to help us not only scale up data ingest, but large-scale cloud-based machine learning
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- 2+ years of development experience in a company/production setting
- Experience building data pipelines from disparate sources
- Hands-on experience building and scaling up compute clusters
- Excitement about learning how to build and support machine learning pipelines that scale not just computationally, but in ways that are flexible, iterative, and geared for collaboration.
- A solid understanding of databases and large-scale data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark. You’ve not only worked with a variety of technologies, but know how to pick the right tool for the job.
- A unique combination of creative and analytic skills capable of designing a system capable of pulling together, training, and testing dozens of data sources under a unified ontology.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Developing systems to do or support machine learning, including experience working with NLP toolkits like Stanford CoreNLP, OpenNLP, and/or Python’s NLTK.
- Expertise with wrangling healthcare data and/or HIPAA.
- Experience with managing large-scale data labelling and acquisition, through tools such as through Amazon Turk or DeepDive.