Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Discovery
GoodRx · Santa Monica, CAEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save more than $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer to be part of our Discovery Engineering team. This team’s mission is to drive the top of funnel growth of our consumer business via meaningful organic content.
As our Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be collaborating with the rest of our engineering, product, design, and data team to transform ideas into tangible user experiences. You’ll be responsible for developing, prototyping, and designing front-end React/Typescript/Contentul web applications while ensuring responsiveness and reusability of various UI components and be obsessed with Core Web Vitals performance metrics. As part of this role, you’ll also be responsible for the development and maintenance of backend services and APIs in Python that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Collaborate with our cross functional Organic/Content team and the broader team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling consumer products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users
- Experience with our tech stack - React, Typescript, and GraphQL (front-end), Python (back-end), Contentful (CMS)
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessors or css-in-js
- Improving site performance and speed metrics like First Contentful Paint, SpeedIndex, TTI, etc.
- Experience with using, designing and building RESTful APIs (Protocol Buffers, etc)
- Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Experience with APM and visual performance monitoring (DataDog, SpeedCurve or others)
- The desire and ability to learn quickly
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate and obsessed about creating intuitive and scalable products
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key
- Experience coding with compliance in mind (HIPAA, PCI or others)
- Experience building Design Systems with Storybook or similar
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, AWS, Google Cloud platform, etc.
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Content Delivery Network (Cloudflare, Fastly or others)
- Integrating with different analytics/events-based systems like Segment, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Interest in SEO
- Open source contributions
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $20 billion using GoodRx and more than 16 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.