Senior Ruby-on-Rails Back-End Software Engineer
CareAcademy · Boston, MAEngineering $130000 - $165000 Posted 4 weeks ago Claim this company
Are you passionate about delivering useful, well-designed and scalable products to the Home Care Industry? Are you the kind of engineer who loves scalability, automation and data insights?
At CareAcademy, we’re helping to solve the direct care worker shortage and making a positive impact in the lives of people who need longer-term care. We’re a fast-growing venture-backed company in the growing health care market.
As a senior Ruby-on-Rails software engineer, you’ll analyze our data to help us scale our product so it can handle our increasing user base. You’ll also improve our existing code base by adding automation features and extracting insights from our data so we can continue to delight our customers.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of scaling Ruby-on-Rails products, has lots of experience automating difficult tasks and gathering insights, and is excited by the challenges that come from scaling to hundreds of thousands users.
What You’ll Do:
- Infrastructure Scalability: monitor and analyze bottlenecks in the scalability of our product and make recommendations that keep the product functioning smoothly, while improving the user experience.
- Design and Implement automation software: make incremental changes into our existing software that lead to a better architecture, while delighting our customers with software that automates our customers’ work flows and provides data insights.
- Review code: find scalability and code quality issues
- Write automated tests: write testable code and automated tests, so we can make sure we can scale with confidence
- Help maintain our project management software: maintain tickets, prioritize and plan projects, document results and collaborate effectively with others on the team.
What Success Looks Like:
- Help us create a reliable and scalable Ruby-on-Rails software.
- Scale our product to 100K+ MAU in the next 2 years while prioritizing customer needs.
- Solicit team feedback on projects, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Improve our code reviews and test coverage.
- Be self-directed and make consistent progress between our regular check-ins and proactively report on progress against goals.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- 10+ years of experience in back-end software,
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby-on-Rails in a growing company
- Experience in scaling Ruby on Rails to 100,000+ monthly active users
- Expert knowledge of automated tests, data analytics, SQL and software monitoring tools
- Cares about writing high-quality, reliable code