Senior Data Engineer
Enlitic · New York, NYEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 3 weeks ago Claim this company
Enlitic is on the verge of transforming patient care by bridging human and artificial intelligence to identify medical issues earlier and more accurately. We were founded in San Francisco in 2014 and our team has since expanded to New York, Vancouver, Canada, and Melbourne, Australia.
We believe that our ground-breaking work will help save time, money, and most importantly, lives - a belief shared by our investors who have fueled our work with $55 million to date. We have also garnered the attention of CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Inc. and Fortune among other global media outlets, and we were named one of the smartest AI companies by MIT Tech Review.
Enlitic is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join the Engineering team to support next generation AI enhanced medical diagnostics. The engineering team builds large distributed components that run Enlitic's platform. The Enlitic platform strives to redefine performance in terms of scale and latencies. The engineering team does everything from designing scalable data storage, to building out software components and internal infrastructure tools. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
The exciting things you will get to do:
- Design and manage large scale data systems
- Define and collaborate on data schema construction and implementation
- Work closely with Backend Engineering and Modeling to optimize data ingestion, indexes, and data architecture and schema design
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Support remote data ETL for deployments to partners and clients
- Ability to collaborate on tackling complex problems on a mission driven product
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the position:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience 5+ years coding experience in Python or another language with a desire to work with Python predominantly 5+ years experience architecting/managing big data stores (Petabytes) Experience managing PostgreSQL databases Proven experience in ETL and data optimization 2+ years' experience with big data processing tools such as Apache Spark, MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, or Hadoop
- Hands-on experience working with containers e.g. Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Cloud Computing platforms e.g. AWS
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, D3.js, or Plotly
- Experience with Apache Airflow
We celebrate diversity at our company and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, or disability status. We understand that to hire the best talent, we need to search the globe. We encourage our employees to be themselves and require tolerance and acceptance among our diverse talent.