Alia Partnerships Director
NDWA Labs · New York, NY/RemoteOperations Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Human Rights & Equality $90000 - $110000 Posted 3 weeks ago Claim this company
Alia Partnerships Director
Reports to: NDWA Labs Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start Date: ASAP
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building technology products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry.
NDWA Labs is looking for a skilled Alia Partnerships Director to help bring this ethos to a broad network of collaborators and partners.
As Alia Partnerships Director, this individual will act as a business development lead for Alia Cares, NDWA Labs technology-driven initiative that enables cities and other entities to set up cash disbursement programs, at scale. The Alia Partnerships Director will identify strategic partners for Alia Cares, lead business development, and vet and develop strong collaborative relationships across government, nonprofit, and philanthropic sectors, successfully preparing the Alia Cares product and operations teams for launch.
Outside of Alia Cares, the Alia Partnerships Director will also work closely with NDWA Labs’ Director to develop innovative policy concepts, proposals and solutions with local and state governments that advance the building of a safety net for domestic workers. The Alia Partnerships Director will represent the Alia team in collaborative efforts with government agencies, policy experts, and other key stakeholders.
The ideal Partnerships Director has skills and experience with industry negotiations (both corporate and government negotiations), can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and is committed to helping improve workers’ ability to thrive.
- Act as general manager and business development lead for Alia Cares
- Identify prospective partners based on project compatibility and product capacity
- Clearly present Alia Cares product offerings, act as strategic consultant to potential customers and partners
- Manage customer and partner relationships end-to-end, including contract and pricing negotiations and program strategy formation, escalating to senior management when appropriate
- Successfully hit pivotal project timelines across multiple stakeholders while navigating complex working environments
- Consult with product, legal, and operations leads when necessary
- Collaborate with policymakers to expand the safety net for domestic workers
- Serve as main policy point of contact for Alia, working closely with Labs Director to develop policy experiments and pilots with local and state governments
- Develop policy and research proposals, concept papers, and other materials in collaboration with stakeholders
- Serve as bridge between policymakers and product team to inform design decisions and strategic priorities
- Cultivate, develop and manage third-party partnerships
- Develop approach and framework to guide partnership strategy and activity
- Field and vet collaboration requests from entrepreneurs, companies and other parties, and evaluate strategic and tactical relevance
- Manage end-to-end relationships with landed partnership agreements
- Work across NDWA Labs’ product and product operations teams to develop a menu of products and programs to offer third parties
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience owning and managing partnerships and related negotiations;
- Experience working at the intersection of public policy and product development;
- Experience working within a startup or early product organization;
- Ability to think creatively and act diplomatically when addressing problems;
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized;
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values;
- Prior experience organizing and working with low-wage workers, low-tech communities, immigrant communities, and other communities of color is a plus;
- The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000, based on experience.
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Location - Remote
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=97 Only application submitted to this link above will be reviewed.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. This position will remain open until filled.