Watershed · San Francisco, CADesign + UX Environment Posted 3 days ago Claim this company
Watershed is a tech startup working to accelerate the fight against climate change. We’re hiring a founding designer to join our San Francisco based team.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Our mission is to help stop climate change by accelerating the transition to a zero carbon economy. Businesses are a key actor in this transition, and corporate climate programs are becoming ubiquitous thanks to investor expectations, employee enthusiasm, regulatory requirements [pdf], supply chain pressure, customer brand, and corporate peer pressure. But we've seen firsthand that it's a hard problem. At Stripe, we built the climate program and were surprised how few tools existed in the space. So now we’re building the data sets, tools, and marketplace that businesses need to succeed.
Watershed provides everything that a business needs to have true climate impact: data analytics to understand their carbon footprint, tools to execute on carbon reductions, easy purchasing of clean energy and carbon offsets, and help communicating their impact. We launched the product in December 2019 and are live with paying customers who are using Watershed to cut carbon.
The success of our customers depends on excellent design: Watershed is a power-tool for turning data into climate action and every detail matters. We are building software for businesses to understand their climate data, act on their insights, and communicate internally and externally about their progress.
To lead this work, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has created excellent products that users love.
- Is customer-obsessed and excited to spend time with users.
- Is an expert in some dimension of product design, visual design, or data visualization. With skill and familiarity across others.
- Is skilled in designing for web and mobile. Hands-on engineering experience is great but not necessary.
- Is excited to go deep on climate and become an expert on the economy's paths forward.
- Wants to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
Examples of things that you might work on next week at Watershed:
- The UX and UI design of the web dashboard.
- The first iteration of Watershed's public brand.
- Visiting users and deciding on upcoming product direction based on their feedback ("should we build X or Y or neither?").
- Cracking the challenge of how to visualize climate data in an intelligible and motivating way.
- Implementing those visual designs and giving them to our customers to share on the web and as printed artifacts.
- Working with the rest of the team to set overall company direction, sales goals, and hiring goals.
Please reach out to Christian Anderson (email@example.com) to talk about the role. Looking forward to it!