Giant Rabbit · San Francisco, CA/Portland, OREngineering Partners & Advocates $75000 - $85000 Posted 3 days ago Claim this company
We're looking for a Drupal developer to help us build websites for the good guys.
Giant Rabbit is a 14-person agency that works with nonprofit organizations all over the world. We're looking for a versatile developer to help us build and support Drupal websites for a wide range of nonprofit organizations. Our clients fight to protect the rights of immigrants and refugees, defend abortion rights, fight climate change, and work to make the world a better place.
Our work is mission-focused: our goal is always to do what is actually best for our clients. That's a constant source of fresh challenges for us, and we work collaboratively to plan, budget, design, and implement solutions for the organizations we support.
- We need a developer who has real-world experience with web development, with some solid Drupal experience along the way.
- You can structure and develop a Drupal site from the ground up.
- You can turn a design into a responsive theme
- You're comfortable administering and configuring Drupal through the GUI--and you can set things up to make it easy for client administrators to do the same.
- You build to last. We stick around to maintain the sites we build, so they'd better be good!
Here are some other things that would be helpful:
- You know how (and when) to code a new module if you need one.
- You've worked to integrate Drupal with third-party APIs like Salesforce.
- You've spent some time in the wild running your own projects or wrangling your own clients.
We work collaboratively and build our business practices from within. This is a good place for developers with opinions: anyone who works here is encouraged to jump into the discussion about our practices in general and our work on a specific project in particular, because that's how we get better at what we do.
We always have multiple projects going at once and we're always fielding new client requests, so it's important that you enjoy an environment where you'll be working on several different sites at once. That said, we don't expect you to do the impossible. We understand you've only got forty hours in your week, and your colleagues will work with you to balance and triage your workload.
Work-life balance has always been a central tenet of work at Giant Rabbit.
- We're serious about a 40-hour work week, with no overtime required ever. (And yes, that means we need to be realistic with our clients about when things will get done, but that's good for everybody.)
- We work two days a week at our Berkeley office, with the option to work remotely for the other three. We also have two staff in Portland, and our Portland staff co-work once or twice a week. We welcome candidates either in the San Francsico Bay Area or Portland.
- We make time in our schedule to support each other, contribute back to the Drupal community, and to learn new things.
The salary range for a Drupal developer at Giant Rabbit is $75,000 to $85,000 per year, and a senior Drupal developer starts between $85,000 and $90,000. All Giant Rabbit staff are eligible to receive annual profit-sharing bonuses. We also provide fully paid health insurance and three weeks of PTO that begin to accrue immediately.
Giant Rabbit believes that diversity, inclusion, and mutual respect is critical to serving our clients and doing our best work. We strive for transparency and equity, both internally and when working with our clients. When recruiting, training, promoting, and compensating staff, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or veteran status.
If you're interested, drop us a line at HR@GIANTRABBIT.COM. Please send a resume, a note about why the job appeals to you and why you would be a good fit, and your current favorite Drupal module. If we're interested, we'll get in touch. .
We don't require a degree (we have developers with CS degrees and developers without), and we don't have "X years of this, Y years of that" requirements. If you think you can do this job, you're welcome to apply. We're happy to answer any questions so please feel free to contact us directly.