Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Sinai Technologies · San Francisco, CA/Denver, CO/Seattle, WA/RemoteEngineering Environment $140000 - $170000 Posted 3 days ago Claim this company
Our mission is to engage companies to include carbon analysis in their entire operations. We do not simply talk about climate change. We actually change the climate.
You will be a core member of the engineering team as we create a new market category of enterprise software to fight climate change. You will help companies measure their carbon footprint, determine the cost to reduce their carbon emissions, and then take action to reduce, not offset, their footprint. As a member of a small team, you will do everything from tackle the backlog to own the design and development of new features to lead the architecture of large systems. You will work closely with product and customer success teams. At the end of the day, you can go to sleep knowing you are saving the environment so future generations can enjoy it.
San Francisco is preferred. Remote is okay, if you are based in the Pacific or Mountain Time zones.
YOUR “MUST HAVE” BACKGROUND
You have significant experience with React, REST/GraphQL, and Node.js. This is a “must have” for our team. You have spent 5+ years working as a product oriented full stack generalist who develops on the back and front end. You are perfectly comfortable designing an API, creating the database schema, and then building the UI that uses it — all from scratch. You are a clear, objective, transparent, and apolitical communicator You view issues as problems to solve, nothing more or less. You have delivered services end-to-end, from the first line of code to production all by yourself. Your default perspective is full of goodwill and trust.
YOUR “NICE TO HAVE” BACKGROUND
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
Become an integral part of our team
Start by tackling the backlog and contributing to feature development; we use CI/CD and you will push code to production on your first day
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Contribute to core APIs and overall system design
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Take a principal role in new features from design to dev to testing
- Be a technical leader who designs a large system with other engineers, e.g. design the new set of APIs to deal with multi-tenancy, gather feedback and figure out how to build it, then lead the dev effort while communicating with stakeholders along the way
YOU MAY ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU
- Are a missionary at heart and deeply care about climate change
- Consider yourself to be a hands-on technologist first, and architect second, and a team player above all
- Want to see your ideas materialize in 1 week after 1 design discussion instead of 7 months and 19 review meetings
- Get excited by having a direct impact with autonomy and ownership from design to release
- Feel refreshed by working on a small team with minimal bureaucracy
- Are capable and willing to regularly switch between the front and back end knowing that there might a full month where all you do is front end dev
YOU MAY NOT ENJOY THIS ROLE IF YOU
- Are uncomfortable with the pace, risk, and nimbleness of a 10-person pre-Series A startup
- Loathe the idea of pre-planned longer hours as we make big release pushes
- Are too senior to do on-call rotation
- Get easily scared by occasional chaos or uncertainty (we are a 10-person startup tackling one of the largest global problems of the 21st century)
The compensation consists of a base salary and equity. Both depend on talents, skills, knowledge, and the relevance of your experience.
ABOUT SINAI TECHNOLOGIES
Help us take the world to zero carbon emissions. We are SINAI (YCombinator W20), a San Francisco based technology company focused on transforming the way companies price, analyze and reduce carbon emissions around the world. We are passionate about technology and the environment. Following YC, we have a fresh round of funding, a few paid pilot customers, and are marching towards our Series A milestone. Watch a video our CEO and co-founder explain how SINAI translates science into economics.
- Collaboration is key to any successful team. We love learning about other topics and understand the touching points between two distinct worlds. In the end, we’re all connected and collaborating together anyway, so let’s just be active about it!
- Take initiative and be proactive in doing things, even if they don’t relate directly to your work. Don’t assume that someone else is going to do it. Take pride in wearing many hats possible.
- Take ownership - this is YOUR product and YOU company too, not just something you’re working on.
- Transparency and curiosity. There are no stupid questions or suggestions, and we can’t guess what’s going on in your head if you don’t speak up. It’s ok to NOT know, it’s NOT ok to NOT look for answers or NOT say when something bothers you. Be curious, go after solutions, and let everybody know!
- Be kind, always.