System Developer (Mid/Sr)
Solution Technology Systems, Inc · Arlington, VAEngineering Public Service & Civic Engagement Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
The STSI team is constantly looking for talented system developers to join our team! You'll work within a talented, well-rounded team committed to leading edge digital services delivery. Of course you'll write application code, but you'll also spend time on engineering and tooling automation development, security, and operations.
Day to Day
- Write high-quality, well factored code following modern design patterns using open source libraries, including Java Springboot and React JS
- Build quality into the system with test automation, quality scans, linting, etc.
- Consider security throughout design and development of software
- Write scripts and/or templates to automate infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Work in a Continuous Delivery environment including but not limited to Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet, Kubernetes, OpenShift, SonarQube, JMeter, Splunk, CloudWatch, New Relic, Bash, and Python.
You'll be successful in this role if you bring the following to the table:
- Collaborating with a diverse set of team-mates to learn and improve together
- Writing and testing software built on modern open source frameworks
- Developing cloud-native applications and APIs following 12-factor app principles
- Following configuration and infrastructure-as-code practices, including containerization
- Evaluating and picking up new frameworks and technologies
- for mid-level, 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years experience and a 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field
- for senior-level, 7+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a Clearance
STSI is a digital services firm in Arlington, VA that wants to move the government forward through the development of better software. We are committed to giving government agencies the tools they need to better execute on their missions.
We are remote-friendly company, and this position can expect to have 2-3 days remote, and full time remote options may be available.
We offer competitive benefits, are an equal opportunity employer, and our diverse executive leadership team strives to build inclusive and supportive working environments for all employees.