Software Engineer: DevOps
EnergyHub · Brooklyn, NYEngineering Environment Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
Our customers are real utilities managing the real electrical grid that supports the normal lives of millions of real people. So we care a lot about keeping our service available. At the same time, we don’t believe that avoiding incidents means we have to ship less code, and we’d love to have someone help us ship more features while breaking the site less.
- Improve the safety and reliability of our system
- Increase developer throughput by improving tooling for observability, monitoring, alerting, and deployment
- Build tooling to manage our varied infrastructure needs
- Linux system administration skills
- AWS management experience
- Experience administering a CI/CD workflow
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience working on a professional web development team
- Travis CI or Jenkins
- Python/Java - it’s useful to understand the codebase even if you won’t spend that much time in it Ansible
- Experience with Docker, especially Fargate
- MongoDB database management
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.