Senior UX Researcher
iRythym · San Francisco, CADesign + UX Health & Well-Being Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable biosensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and machine-learning capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of first-line ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
iRhythm's User Experience (UX) Team
We work hard to bring beautifully crafted experiences in both form and function into the medical device space. Being part of the UX team at iRhythm means bringing the voice of our patients and healthcare professionals to the forefront of conversations about new initiatives and product features. This user-centric mindset frequently drives us out of the office and into the field to learn more about the challenges our users face and the broader context in which are products are used. We enjoy designing mobile apps, websites, hardware products, and packaging that embrace these challenges – whether it’s a doctor having a busy day at the hospital or one of our more senior patients applying a heart monitor at home.
About this Role
We are seeking an experienced Senior UX Researcher who is passionate about improving people's lives through design and technology. Your hands-on, multi-method abilities will help define and drive iRhythm experiences across our software and hardware products used by patients and healthcare professionals. In this role, you’ll build an understanding of what our users need while collaborating with product design, engineering, product management, and other functions to help define the future of our Zio platform. We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to turn business and product curiosities into actionable research plans.
- Design and lead mixed-method studies to help project teams learn about our users' attitudes and behaviors.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Design to generate concepts that solve problems for our users.
- Lead and mentor UX Researchers within projects and through the development of their craft.
- Recruit, screen, and coordinate participants to ensure we have the right participants in our studies.
- Iteratively test concepts with appropriate user groups; analyze data to identify the best direction for achieving project goals and user needs.
- Confidently present your findings and recommendations in compelling ways to obtain buy-in from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of product strategy and roadmap through user advocacy and dissemination of insights.
- Build a panel of research participants and devise creative methods to keep them actively engaged.
- Combine quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate the success of features during pilots and post-launch.
- Proven ability to self-direct and lead multiple research projects.
- Extensive experience selecting and executing qualitative methods such as interviews, contextual inquiry, focus groups, diary studies, and concept/usability evaluation.
- Proven ability to communicate research findings and insights to cross-functional teams and executive leadership in a way that promotes impact on product design.
- Demonstrated ability to identify product opportunities by connecting user problems, analytics, and business goals.
- Experience partnering with product management to define and drive roadmaps to include user-centric features.
- Minimum 5 years of experience integrating user research into product design practices, preferably in the medical device or health and wellness domain.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Biomedical Engineering, or related field.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time to conduct user research.
- A portfolio or writing example that exhibits your creative and thoughtful approach to solving a usability challenge and your overall research process
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid holidays, and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural Committee/Charity events, and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.