Senior Full-stack Engineer
Ginger · Remote (USA)Engineering Health & Well-Being Posted 1 week ago Claim this company
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
About the role:
Our engineering team is built on a foundation of trust, respect, collaboration and geared towards making a real impact by solving real problems. We are looking for an engineer that can quickly contribute to our product and is passionate about building a world where mental health is never an obstacle.
We're looking for a passionate & experienced Senior Full-stack engineer to join our growing / distributed engineering team. You will work hand-and-hand with our remarkable clinical and product teams to build and scale Ginger’s behavioral health operating system. A system that puts member & clinician experience above all else!
This position is open to remote candidates.
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You leverage existing solutions, design patterns, and frameworks where they fit the best, and have the capacity to come up with your own when existing practices do not meet the needs
- You desire to work at a startup, you can thrive and feel empowered in both unstructured and structured environments. Ideally, you have worked at a couple other startups and can contribute your learnings from those experiences
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You are interested in contributing not just to our application but also to building and maintaining infrastructure that supports our development, deployment and monitoring and alerting processes
- You care about having a diverse team and this may mean you represent diversity yourself
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems. Bonus if you have experience using AWS infrastructure as code tools (ex: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with one or a few of the following: Python, Django, Node.js, TypeScript
- 1+ years web front-end experience: HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, ReactJS / AngularJS (or equivalent)
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure / defensive code, including the use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have a solid understanding of the network and API layer (REST, RPC, HTTP)
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity