MiracleFeet · Chapel Hill, NCEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 2 weeks ago Claim this company
Job Description: System Administrator
Are you a data champion with an insatiable desire to learn while making an impact on a global scale? Join MiracleFeet’s mission to eliminate the leading cause of physical disability worldwide and drive the new evolution of our global health information system, which provides critical insights on healthcare treatment and delivery across 200+ clinics in 26 countries.
MiracleFeet’s System Administrator will be the primary person responsible for maintaining and supporting MiracleFeet’s core program technology systems. Key responsibilities will include overseeing use of the CAST mobile app by existing and future programs, providing technical administration for Salesforce (including a Salesforce Community and Amp Impact portfolio management tool), building reports and dashboards, managing enhancements to these tools and systems, and monitoring/improving data quality. The System Administrator reports to the Director of Program Operations, works closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning manager and Tier 1 regional CAST Administrators, and will work with all members of the Programs team (both at headquarters and in the field).
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of MiracleFeet’s Chapel Hill, NC office (begins virtually). Remote candidates will be considered and will be asked to travel to North Carolina headquarters up to four times per year (provided travel is deemed safe post-COVID).
Mobile Application (“CAST”) Support and Development
CAST is a mobile application that serves as an electronic medical record and clinic management tool, built on Dimagi’s CommCare platform for mobile data collection. The CAST global user base currently consists of 300+ users in 26 countries. Tier 1 support is provided by regional CAST administrators based in Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support and troubleshooting for CAST utilizing Jira Service Desk. Execute quarterly minor application updates and assist external consultant(s) with annual major feature application update. Solve application incidents, problems, and issues by working closely with the MEL Manager, in-country staff and MiracleFeet Program Managers as needed. Develop Knowledge Base documentation to enable greater independence and self-service application troubleshooting.
Salesforce / CAST Community / Amp Impact Administration
Data from the CAST mobile application is accessed via Salesforce for global reporting and analysis by MiracleFeet headquarters. In-country partners access pre-configured clinic-specific reports via a Salesforce Community. Additionally, MiracleFeet utilizes OpenFn (with support provided by an OpenFn consultant) to integrate the CAST mobile app with Salesforce, and to integrate MiracleFeet India’s mobile application data with MiracleFeet’s Salesforce instance for global reporting and analysis. MiracleFeet will launch Amp Impact, a Salesforce add-on for partner portfolio management, in November 2020.
- Manage and administer MiracleFeet’s Salesforce, Salesforce Community, and Amp Impact instances. - Understand user requirements and make configuration-related changes in Salesforce, including, but not limited to, adding new fields/clinics/countries, editing page layouts, creating list views, creating reports and dashboards, creating workflow rules and validation rules.
- Manage user access and permissions to ensure correct data is visible to appropriate audiences.
- Monitor user access to understand user adoption, frequency of use, and trends in the use of reports and dashboards.
- Troubleshoot job failures between MiracleFeet India’s mobile application data and Salesforce. Work with MiracleFeet India team and OpenFn consultant to resolve data integration issues.
- Maintain accurate field mapping between MiracleFeet India mobile app and Salesforce.
- Build reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Amp Impact as needed to monitor program data collection, partner information, and key performance indicators.
- Perform ongoing data cleaning as needed, including regular cleaning of duplicate patient entries marked by Tier 1 support.
- Act as administrator for Vera Solutions Amp Impact portfolio management tool (expected launch – November 2020)
- Regularly communicate and coordinate data integration issues and processes with OpenFn integration platform consultant.
- Check OpenFn runs for failures daily. Troubleshoot failures and rerun jobs.
- Communicate and work with external technology consultants and contractors to troubleshoot issues and develop technology when needed.
- Facilitate technical integration of InfoBip SMS services with CAST and Salesforce (expected implementation – February 2021).
- Manage and troubleshoot connections between CAST/Salesforce and SMS service provider
- Set up new countries and users with proper permissions and troubleshoot access issues.
- Participate in discussions on improvements to, greater use of, and introduction of new technologies.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in data systems management (strong preference for Salesforce and/or CommCare administration experience)
- A keen understanding of “the data cycle” — how organizations collect, store, and analyze data.
- Proficiency in Excel, or experience in data collection/analysis/management platforms.
- Experience working with international teams and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Interest in learning new technologies and understanding organizational and programmatic use of data, tools, and systems.
- Experience with systems and processes to support, collect, analyze, and report data for program and organization learning
- Strong Analytic Skills: Demonstrated ability to understand and/or anticipate organizational needs and to translate those needs into clear reports and dashboards, and to respond to request changes and identify/prioritize customizations
- Strong Communication Skills: Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across the organization with respect and professionalism.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working on digital health projects, especially administration and user support
- Experience in creating reports for program evaluation
- Familiarity with data quality monitoring protocols
- Previous living, working, or volunteer experience in a low-resource setting outside the U.S.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly
- Responsive to the needs of end users
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Skilled in interpersonal diplomacy and relationship-building, sensitive to cultural norms and expectations
- Flexible to the needs of the organization and the challenges often faced when working in low- and middle-income countries
- Able to organize one’s time and work autonomously while still working in collaboration with others
- Proactive, creative, and takes initiative
- Conversational language skills in French or Spanish a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance provided
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- 401K plan with employer match
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability insurance provided
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume on Bamboo Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until October 25th, 2020 or until the position is filled. MiracleFeet is committed to creating a diverse environment and actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
MiracleFeet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment.
For additional information, refer to our website: www.miraclefeet.org.