Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Dexis Professional Services · Washington, DC/RemoteEngineering Public Service & Civic Engagement $115000 - $150000 Per Year Posted 2 weeks ago
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS is proud to support the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in developing mission critical analytical tools. Many of these tools will leverage Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods to identify safety signals in medical devices. This work is an opportunity to help improve the lives of millions of people using medical devices.
As a Lead Machine Learning Engineer of a Product Team, you will help lead the building of statistical and ML-based methods, algorithms, models, and infrastructure to support machine learning models development and deployment, research and apply industry-leading MLops tools and techniques, participate in development and implementation of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms for signal detection. You will be a part of a Scrum team of developers that includes data scientists and engineers, and full-stack developers. If you like learning new technologies, solving tough problems, and building systems that serve predictions of millions of data points, DPS could be the right place for you.
- Designs and develops methods, algorithms, and systems that apply machine learning technologies to support advanced signal processing concepts
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Build sophisticated feature extraction pipelines
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Translating insights into business recommendations
- Stay current on published data mining, machine learning, and modeling techniques and competing technologies and share these findings with Scientists and Engineers in the organization
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related technical field is required
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering/data science
- Experience in being part of a multi-disciplinary project team in research or development
- Strong experience with mathematical model tools and Python
- A deep understanding of probability, statistics, model limitations and caveats, and interpreting results of ML algorithms.
- Familiarity with Scrum framework; Scrum certification is preferred
- Experience with software development best practices including Version Control; we use Git
- Any of the following AI/machine learning frameworks, statistical packages, and libraries: Tensorflow, Amazon Machine Learning, Apache Spark, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, NLTK, SQL, d3.js, as well as open source and other emerging technologies/frameworks
- Experience supporting Natural Language Processing (NLP) modeling processes with knowledge of summary generation and/or knowledge extraction techniques.
- Broad programming experience in at least one OOP language.
- Some experience in one or more functional programing paradigms a plus.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle as applied to data science-based deliverables.
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.