Director of Product Management
TerraCycle · Trenton, NJProduct Environment Posted 2 days ago
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Germany in 2020.
With consistent year-over-year growth, our digital team is expanding rapidly; we’re seeking a Director, Product Management who is passionate about driving sales, improving UX, enthusiastic about design and innovation, and driven in achieving both personal and company goals.
The Director, Product Management will drive initiatives for enhancements and develop roadmaps to guide our product development teams to success. The Director will collaborate with leaders across departments to shape user experience strategies while delivering on KPIs and maintaining a best-in-class technology experience for consumers.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with a drive for excellence and a focus on user experience. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and who confidently takes initiative in developing innovative product.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead product initiatives, guide product manager(s), remove roadblocks, and work collaboratively with the centralized marketing team and business teams to drive various KPIs
- Develop roadmaps and user stories and scenarios
- Create plan and manage user testing to gather feedback and develop product enhancements to improve user experience
- Continually assess technology, UX, and methodology developments to ensure best-in-class, highly-efficient experiences and product development processes
- Partner closely with varied business teams and leaders to align product strategy with business line objectives to achieve revenue targets and conversion goals
- Incorporate customer insights into strategic recommendations and development of A/B testing plans
- Create product documentation to help internal and external stakeholders understand how our technology and processes work
- Work with a ‘start-up’ mentality to test, iterate, and scale initiatives under an accelerated time frame and in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or relevant field
- 7+ years product development experience; track-record of building exceptional digital product
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile design and web user experiences
- Successful experience developing and driving eCommerce platforms that align with or exceed market trends and standards for UI/UX
- Demonstrated ability to drive and implement enhancements through test-and-learn and best-practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical skills and confidence leveraging data to drive decisions
- Sketching/wire-framing skills strongly preferred
- Strong self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and comfort communicating product concepts to all stakeholders
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
Note: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment