Full Stack Web Developer
Opus 12 · Berkeley, CAEngineering Environment Posted 1 month ago
Opus 12 is a Berkeley, California based startup focused on recycling CO2 into higher value products. We are scientists and engineers with a passion for green chemistry and a shared vision to re-write the story of waste carbon dioxide. Our team partners with industry leaders in electrolysis and plant design to implement our technology at scale.
We have an immediate opening for a Full Stack Web Developer. This is a remote position -- you can work and live anywhere in the United States.
We are looking for a positive team-player who is excited to own a long-term software project that will provide sustained value to the company. As a Full Stack Web Developer, you’ll be the second member of a software team working to provide high-quality internal tooling to our technical staff.
Your primary responsibility will be owning and expanding an existing web application used for tracking the company’s research data. You’ll add data editing capabilities, expand the scope of data tracking, and design and implement additional features to increase productivity and drive research insight.
What You Will Do
- Create and expand internal tooling for a team of researchers and scientists
- Expand data tracking capabilities for various scientific processes using tools such as Postgresql
- Develop and maintain a web application using tools such as Node.js and Vue
- Work with a diverse team of researchers and engineers to best leverage software to support and accelerate data entry, tracking, and visualization
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of software development experience
- You have experience working on collaborative code projects, utilizing git and engaging in code review
- You communicate openly and effectively, and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Front-end skills:
- Expertise with Vue.js or React (we use Vue)
- Experience writing unit tests for web-based applications
- Back-end skills:
- Experience with Node.js
- Ability to write SQL queries and perform data migrations (we use Postgresql)
- General understanding of relational database design best practices
- Bonus skills:
- Heroku, AWS, or similar cloud-deployment process
- Experience with authentication and site security
Opus 12 Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment