Research Analyst--Summer 2021
Resources for the Future · Washington, DCData + Analytics Environment Posted 1 month ago
RFF is hiring for a Research Analyst to join the Research and Policy Engagement program starting in the summer of 2021. Research Analysts are essential members of the Resources for the Future (RFF) Research and Policy Engagement team. They are responsible for providing technical support that, under the direction of RFF Fellows, allows for the production of compelling and impactful research that aligns with RFF’s mission of improving environmental, energy and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement.
RFF’s research and engagement activities center on the economics of: (1) designing smart emissions reduction strategies; (2) Confronting risks and building resilience; and (3) cross-cutting issues and strategies. RFF seeks impact with decisionmakers in key venues, including at the federal, state, and international levels, and with the business community. Much of RFF’s current work is focused on strategies for addressing the climate challenge.
- Data collection, management, assembly, and analysis, potentially including use of spatial data
- Supporting discrete elements of research projects, including identifying, reviewing and synthesizing academic and policy literature, managing and analyzing datasets, or other tasks that are assigned by the project PI
- Supporting quantitative and conceptual modeling
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by researchers
NOTE: All applications MUST include a cover letter.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, including economics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or natural sciences
- Experience: 0-1 years. Typical previous experience includes research assistantships while in college or internships with similar organizations or academic institutions
- Desirable Skills
- An undergraduate degree in economics.
- Knowledge of economics, quantitative methods, and statistics
- Experience in assembling, managing, manipulating, and analyzing datasets
- Ability to conduct literature searchers, draft literature reviews and reports
- Experience with computational, statistical and/or GIS software programming, including Stata, R, Matlab, ArcGIS, and Python desirable but not required
- Interest in policy assessments that relate to the environment and natural resources