Senior Software Quality Engineer
Pear Therapeutics · San Francisco, CAEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 1 month ago
About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst™, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality as we develop “software as a medical device” - from planning through the development and execution of software test plans and verification procedures. We drive all aspects of Software QA activities in an FDA-Regulated Class II Software as a Medical Device environment. We strive to be a world-class test team, integrating vigorous test technique and the latest test technologies to further our mission to innovate for patients.
- Integrate with Agile development teams to test new feature development and identify software defects
- Evangelize best practices for software quality
- Participate in product technical design discussions and product design reviews
- Drive Verification and Validation activities, which encompass reviews of requirements, test automation and manual verification as necessary, and report test traceability thereof.
- Build new tests using our current framework (Webdriver/Appium, Python, Saucelabs/BrowserStack) for mobile and web applications.
- Integrate automation with continuous integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, Bitrise) and test reporting systems (TestRail, Allure)
- Refactor existing tests and extend test frameworks as needed
- Participate in SQA code reviews
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of experience in software quality assurance engineering
- Skilled in planning and leading test efforts for software development projects on Agile teams.
- Skilled in designing and documenting test cases and test plans, and running those plans on web applications, mobile apps, or APIs as needed
- Experience with automation tools such as Webdriver and Appium, Locust.io or other load/performance testing tools, mobile development tools such as Android SDK and XCode, Github and Docker.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Clear, pro-active communication
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux environment and scripting (shell scripting, Python)
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
Experience in testing in a salesforce based environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.