Full Stack Software Engineer
Omaze · Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are:
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
Big Impact: You will be a part of a passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
Growth: Omaze is growing rapidly. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
Unique Culture: We live by our virtues. We believe in: we before me, growing together, taking ownership, spreading joy, and dreaming giant.
Perks: If raising millions of dollars every year to support charities isn’t a perk enough, we’re excited to offer unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, weekly meditation, and the opportunity to work with a phenomenal team that makes a global impact every day.
Who We’re Seeking:
What You’ll Do:
Bring your software and Full Stack experience to collaborate with a close knit engineering team that is building social good platforms.
Chiefly responsible for the writing and testing of code that produces the application.
Work closely with members of their team to ensure design and implementation meet product needs.
Help architect, design, and implement responsive, reusable ui components
Proactively reviews the code of others, providing feedback on implementation choices
Owns the effort to ensure that their PRs get reviewed by others on their team / cross teams.
Collaborate with other engineers and subject matter experts early and often throughout development to ensure sound architecture design decisions for our users and raise money for charities that impact the world.
Follows code standards and best practices for their given platform.
Work with Product Owners, Customers, and UX/Designers to ensure complete and proper implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience in at least one Enterprise server side language (e.g - Golang, Java, C#, etc)
- Ability to address / debug cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience designing and building products or major features from concept to launch
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. jest, react-testing-library)
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (product, marketing, subject matter experts, etc).
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
Competitive salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching, fertility support, parental leave, mental health support, and employee stock options.
Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home. We offer a monthly stipend to support employees’ remote office set up and we continue to find creative opportunities to connect and socialize virtually.
We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives and work hard to ensure that every Omazer can bring their authentic self to work at all times.