Software Engineer, Autonomy
Wisk Aero · Remote (USA)
Clean EnergyPosted 2 months ago
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric, autonomous aircraft. You will join our software engineering group, which builds the core fly-by-wire and vehicle autonomy systems. You will contribute to the development of fundamental decision making algorithms to enable autonomous flight of our airplanes.
- Design and develop verification architectures for onboard autonomy systems.
- Work with flight test engineers to acquire and analyze data from onboard autonomy systems.
- Work with simulation engineers to design, develop, and maintain autonomy sensors and behavior simulation tools.
- Work with systems engineers to contribute to the autonomy system design and develop subsystem requirements.
- Participate in technology trade studies to evaluate candidate solutions for specific autonomy functions.
- B.S or M.S degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university
- Experience with Python, C/C++
- Familiarity with sensor fusion algorithms such as Kalman filters
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms such as visual odometry and visual SLAM
- Hands-on engineering experience in university programs/courses in the areas of planning, perception, and decision-making
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Demonstrated experience supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Prior experience with Matlab/Simulink modeling tools
- Prior experience with functional safety requirements and related process standards, such as DO-178, DO-254, ISO 26262, etc.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.