Manager, Data Engineering
Form Energy · Somerville, MA/Berkeley, CA
Clean EnergyPosted 2 months ago
Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $360M to date.
The Battery Data team at Form Energy is responsible for capturing and serving up mission-critical data from our battery operations. As the engineering manager of this team, you’ll guide and grow the team to support the development and deployment of Form’s novel grid-scale battery technology. This is a unique opportunity to be an early leader on a growing team making a direct impact on climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of Form Energy’s battery data by building robust pipelines that process data from hardware devices
- Guide the development a portfolio of data products that help Form make good decisions based on your data, with users ranging from battery R&D (near term) to field operations (long term)
- Hire and develop a diverse, distributed, high-performing, highly engaged data engineering team
- Represent your team in cross-functional collaborations, align roadmaps to achieve company milestones, and take accountability for delivering on team priorities
- Fill in technical gaps between ICs as needed
- Embody and champion Form Energy’s values of Humanity, Excellence, and Creativity by managing with an emphasis on innovative problem solving, rapid cycles of learning, and high standards for quality of work products and throughput
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 7+ years of professional data engineering experience, including 2+ years with hiring manager and people manager responsibilities
- Experience leading the development of data engineering and data analysis systems using a Python/SQL/AWS stack. You’ll also help shape our stack as we grow
- Track record of owning critical infrastructure, leading to hard-won wisdom about the needs of production software systems
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving that blends good judgement, clear communication, dependable follow-through, creative use of resources, and joy in the process
- Experience working in batteries, solar, IoT, embedded systems, hardware test/validation/reliability, or fleet management is a strong plus
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.