Full-Stack Software Engineer
Momentum · San Francisco, CA/Remote (USA)
About the job
We're working to help nonprofits raise more money to reduce suffering and improve lives. We're building a psychology-based donation ecosystem for the internet age: one that makes giving more intimate, transparent, and sustainable for nonprofits and donors. Join us and help people-powered movements do more good.
We are rapidly growing our engineering team as we build toward becoming the recurring donation infrastructure of the internet. We're looking for a full-stack engineer to build for new initiatives, working closely with a designer and product manager. Your work will drive donors to engage and more meaningfully power impactful nonprofits and they people they support.
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Successfully onboard and create strong bonds with the current team
- Participate in brainstorming and technical ideation for projects with product, growth and engineering
- Be a founding member for Momentum's engineering team and help lead our engineering processes
In your first 6 months, you will…
- Develop prototypes of new features or products using rapid iteration and experimentation as we explore new ideas
- Partner across the small engineer team to ship features
In your first year, you will...
- Champion best-in-class engineering practices and systems for an emerging engineer team
- Help build a suite of products for recurring donation infrastructure
Our ideal hire likely...
- Experienced the challenges and joys working at a growing startup
- Managed and maintained production code at increasing scales
- Owns and drives front-end project from end to end
- Feels strongly motivated by our mission
- Communicates complex problems and proposes solutions, in writing and in conversation
Technical Qualifications, In Priority Order
- We use React and Node.JS but are not worried about what you've worked in
- Comfort working in SQL, PostgreSQL, AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, CDN, CloudFront), Docker and a number of 3rd party API's (Stripe, Plaid, Mailgun)
- Able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code
- Can empathize with our clients needs and work with design and product to make their experience meaningful
- Can own projects from end-to-end and is excited to delve into something new for them
- We know that code isn't just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We believe that being correct isn't enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
Benefits And Compensation
We don't think that money should be the primary reason you join us. That said, we do offer a generous compensation package:
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Fully paid trans-inclusive health, dental and vision insurance
- Stipend for computer and home office setup
- Professional development resources
- Behavioral science-based and paid time-off policy
Momentum's headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA. In the short term: due to COVID-19, we have shifted our team to fully remote until at least June 2021. We're seeking folks excited to relocate to the bay area at some point (we'll work with you to do so).
Folks in minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Research in behavioral science demonstrates that if you're reading this, you may focus on how you don't meet our requirements. If you know you're talented and passionate about the role and improving the lives of others, please apply!
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Momentum will consider sponsoring work visas.
To apply, please provide a resume and brief note explaining your excitement for the role.