Jr. QA Engineer
Smarter Sorting · Austin, TX
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is looking for a Jr. QA Engineer to take ownership of quality assurance testing for our suite of software and hardware products. This person will apply past experience in scaling QA for a growing client base, understand the right types of automation that improve results while reducing effort, and have the technical chops required to assist in the debugging of escalated issues reported to our support team by end users. We’re looking for a player/coach type who is comfortable as an individual contributor but also able to grow and lead a team as this department continues to evolve.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with the QA team to ensure product quality
- Work closely with the Product, Technology, and Support teams to launch new features, minimize issues impacting users, and efficiently triage and resolve bugs that make it to production.
- Expand and execute on the current regression library, favoring automation when practical.
- Champion ongoing improvement of QA processes and best practices that lead to better customer experiences.
- Assist in triaging escalated customer issues from our support team as needed
Your Experience + Skills:
- 1+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1+ years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- 1+ years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good soft skills
Your 1st month:
- Learn our products and our processes. Get familiar with our ticket management tool and sprint methodology and release process.
Your first 3 months:
- Maintain a current suite of regression and acceptance tests and expand test coverage for our main products.
- Serve as a valuable middle layer between the frontlines and our technical leads in triaging escalated support issues of a more technical nature.
Your first 6 months:
- Introduce more automation into our testing, as well as canned realistic data sets in lower environments.
- Get involved in all company products.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
For CCPA information, please click here.
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to increasing sustainable options for unsold or damaged products. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to take valuable products currently being driven hundreds of miles and burned and have them be used for their original purpose in local communities.
At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply."