CTO / Full Stack Engineer
Dashboard.Earth · Los Angeles, CA/Oakland, CA/Remote (USA)
Dashboard.earth is a technology start-up working to drive citizen engagement in climate change adaptation. We’re a small distributed team working on building our first fully fledged product for Los Angeles. We’ve just released our MVP and three NGO partner pilots and have six months of testing and partner pilots before our official release at the end of 2021.
Our mission is to connect everyone to the solutions necessary to balance the climate. We deliver localized, personalized, and incentivized climate actions through a mobile app. You will be working with a small, passionate, international team to deliver the first city in our anticipated city-by-city roll out.
We are looking for an enthusiastic technical teammate with full-stack skills to plan, develop, coordinate, and execute strategies consistent with Dashboard.Earth’s mission. Working directly with the CEO, the CTO role will require creative thinking and exploration. The CTO will play a highly influential role in the early framing of our product, processes, and culture. We are looking for a technical leader who is a natural doer. If you are just looking to manage people, this is not the job for you. This job is for you if you are a doer with early-stage startup experience who is passionate about using technology for good, and you will roll up your sleeves to get it done - whether it is coding or resetting a server or QA.
- Partner with the CEO to align and design the product roadmap
- Work closely with the product team to decide on prioritization, resource allocation, and timelines.
- Lead all aspects of the development lifecycle - including requirements, strategic planning, design/architecture, execution, deployment, and maintenance
- Make technical decisions that ensure a strong, stable, and scalable product
- Build up the internal engineering team and manage contracted development partners.
- Head the integrations of partner API's to our platform.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Data-driven evaluation of product-market fit and other aspects of product performance, identifying insights that will influence future decisions.
- Knowledge of full-stack development,specifically: React Native, Graph QL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working at an early-stage tech start-up.
- A strong product sense, able to build engaging tech for customers.
- We’re a 100% distributed team (currently in four countries) so remote work is key specific availability in PST to GMT time zones.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers.
- Experience in project management to ensure timely deliverables.
Dependent on experience. Equity and benefits available.