CommonBond · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
CommonBond has built a values-driven, customer-centric fintech company. Our mission is to change the way people think about their personal finances and financial independence. We accomplish this by offering products that increase monthly cash flow for consumers, leverage state-of-the art technology, and deliver award-winning customer service. We are also the only fintech company with a 1-for-1 social mission; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. In 2020, the company made the Inc 500 list, which highlights the fastest growing private companies in America. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
Our environment is fully containerized and deployed within Kubernetes clusters running on AWS. Our frontend consists of CloudFront, S3, and React microservices while our backend consists of event driven Golang microservices with Redis and Postgres for persistence. We use Gitlab for our code hosting and pipeline management.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success and we are looking for someone who will help design, build and maintain the infrastructure foundation that supports our multiple business lines. In joining our DevOps team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, and supporting an incredible social mission.
- Maintain responsibility for system administration of containerized applications and Kubernetes clusters hosted in AWS.
- Build and maintain development and production infrastructure to support continued product growth using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines in GitlabCI to enable fast and secure deployments.
- Maintain and secure Postgres databases and Redis clusters.
- Contribute to projects written in React, Golang, Java, and Python.
- Help migrate to a best practice event driven micro services architecture.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and perform incident-response.
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience working within a modern web-based environment.
- 1-3 years of experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of network and infrastructure security in a cloud-based environment.
- Deep knowledge of administration and instance management in a cloud-based environment.
- Deep knowledge of creating and debugging containerized workloads in Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Proficiency debugging code in Golang, Java, and Python.
- Proficiency performing incident response as an on-call engineer.
- Proficiency in building development pipelines using a CI/CD tool.
- Exposure to Linux System administration.
- Exposure creating and debugging ETL pipelines written in SQL and python.
- Exposure with GitOps tools such as ArgoCD and Flux
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that you’ll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.