Senior DevOps Engineer
LanzaTech · Skokie, IL
About the job
Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine - Change the World - Companies to watch
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
As a member of the Scientific Computing team you will work with a diverse group of programmers, software architects and computational biologists to develop industry standard CI/CD orchestration platform for the deployment of software that support all R&D and commercial operations throughout the business life cycle of the company.
You will use your knowledge of cloud platforms, architecture, systems and processes to enhance performance, efficiency and scaling of microservices and other Scientific Computing platforms. You will be responsible for monitoring of our cloud resources, repository management, continuous integration & deployment and technical documentation.
You will manage relationships with technical partners ensuring high standards and quality of technical solutions, keeping abreast of latest technology developments.
- You will set up and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration, continuous deployment, code review, etc.
- You will support day to day build, package, and deployment automation using configuration and deployment management systems (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- You will build monitors and alerts that actively keep uptime high, and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic)
- You will administer AWS resources using modern config-based tooling (CloudFormation)
- You will work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture and build continuous delivery pipelines for containerized applications
- Take appropriate precautions to ensure privacy, security and integrity of all data, which may be commercially sensitive
- You will use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
- Track effort and record against specific projects
- Observe best practice to maintain a safe workplace
- 4+ years’ experience as a DevOps engineer/Solutions Architect
- AWS certification is a must – AWS DevOps Engineer/AWS SySOps Administrator/AWS Solutions Architect
- A solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience in setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure and deployment of containerized applications and services
- Experience working in agile environments using Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, CloudFormation and AWS and are comfortable iterating quickly
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting & programming (Bash, TFS, PowerShell, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, Java)
- Familiarity with database design and tuning, especially with AWS Aurora MySQL and PostgreSQL and writing SQL Queries, T-SQL stored procedures and views.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architectures.
- Experience scaling and ensuring reliability of SaaS or PaaS applications and Disaster recovery strategies