Full Stack Developer
LanzaTech · Skokie, IL
About the job
Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine - Change the World - Companies to watch
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a full-stack developer to join the growing AI and Modelling (AiM) group at LanzaTech. This group builds and deploys state-of-the-art predictive models to guide scientific, engineering and business decisions.
You will develop pipelines, REST APIs, and microservices that power our AI/modeling workflows using Python/NodeJS. You will also develop intuitive web applications using Vue/React that connect scientists and engineers to the insight and data produced by these pipelines. Code you write will be deployed on Amazon Web Services.
This role involves collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced scientific organization. You will collaborate closely with scientists and engineers to translate their requirements to robust and scalable solutions, working across the lifecycle from design through to deployment. The work you deliver will directly contribute to the success of LanzaTech’s synthetic biology and fermentation technology.
This is a remote position with quarterly visits on-site to our Skokie office.
- Develop web applications that connect scientists and engineers to data and computational models
- Design and build pipelines for the efficient analysis of high throughput data
- Write well-structured, documented and tested code in Python
- Develop RESTful APIs and microservices using Python
- Create service provisioning tools and monitoring metrics
- Work with data warehouse team to improve ETL processes
- Design, implement and administer databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Advanced Python development skills
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience as a full stack developer with backend and frontend responsibilities
- Experience using React or Vue.js
- Experience using Django, Flask or FastAPI
- Unix experience
- Database design, implementation and administration experience (SQL)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Clear oral and written communication skills
We are especially excited about candidates who have experience with:
- Workflow management tools (Luigi, Airflow)
- Test-driven development
- DevOps (CI/CD pipelines, containerization, deployment automation)
- Cloud services (AWS and GCP)
- Interactive data visualizations
- Machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, scikit-learn)
- Bioinformatics, microbiology or fermentation
- UI and UX design