Senior Product Manager
Earnest · Remote (USA)
At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Clients
- Client happiness is our true north star.
- Make it happen
- We work hard to deliver high-impact results at rapid pace.
- Growth Mindset
- We love challenges, enjoy rigorous effort, and learn from our mistakes as we continuously improve.
- Do great things together
- Success is built on relationships.
- Insist on high standards
- We have relentlessly high standards and continuously raise the bar on the quality of everything: our products, services, processes, and people.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
What you'll do
As a Senior Product Manager on the Lending Products team, you’ll join a team that focuses on acquiring new users, building relationships with existing users, and building authentic experiences that help address education finance pain points. Your goal is to help students navigate financial decision making before, during, and after school that ultimately help them get out of debt faster.
You’ll develop an understanding of our users’ problems, partner with design and user research to create solutions that address them with deep empathy, and work with engineering to bring them to life.
- Set product strategy based on user research, business analysis, and Earnest’s core competencies
- Partner with research, design, and analytics to create a deeper understanding of our user personas and their major paint points along the user journey
- Help conduct user interviews and translate user needs into new feature and product ideas
- Design and run experiments to validate product hypotheses, summarize and communicate learnings
- Continuously prioritize roadmap projects based on the company goals and team KPIs
- Work closely with engineering, design, and multiple cross functional stakeholders to manage feature delivery
- Use web analytics to understand and influence customer behavior, as well as identify new product opportunities
Ideal background and expertise
- 5+ years of experience at leading technology companies in Growth, Product Management, or other roles bridging business and technology
- Deep analytical capabilities - dive in to find insights, even (especially) in messy or incomplete data
- Grittiness - you'll dive in and tackle our biggest growth challenges hands-on
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Finance; MBA preferred
- Financial services, Fintech, or lending familiarity is a plus
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.