DevOps Engineer III
The Jackson Laboratory · Bar Harbor, ME
As DevOps Engineer III at The Jackson Laboratory, you will be part of an organization whose IT technologies are as exciting and progressive as our science. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who will work with all areas of The Jackson Laboratory, and other IT staff to plan, design and launch efficient platform solutions and systems.
For this DevOps Engineer III position expertise and experience with developing integrations and solutions with Workday HCM is required with broad knowledge of other integration platforms and solutions desired. The role is responsible for developing and executing a Development Operations (DevOps) strategy to ensure quality software deployments and overall application health and performance and optimizes the relationships between the development and IT operations teams.
Additionally, the DevOps Engineer III manages application configurations, ensures stable production systems via Level 2 support and implementation/maintenance of application security controls and may be called upon to learn and support other platforms as needed.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate processes including deployments, unit/regression testing and application health monitoring/metrics
- Partner with System Administrators and Architects to build, manage and troubleshoot application configurations
- Collaborate with agile team members and raise issues/concerns throughout the software development life cycle.
- Troubleshoot and resolve L2 production application issues
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation within software applications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with at least 6 years' experience in relevant area
- Ability to develop, recommend and execute solutions to complex problems often under time constraints.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of Workday reporting and integration solutions including EIB and Workday Studio.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment toolsets.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with stakeholders to achieve business results.
- Ability to draw solutions from a wider range of experience.
- More proficiency at solving problems in a timely manner.
- Manages small projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Proven ability in automation of repeatable tasks, monitoring, and self-healing of applications.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.