Senior Software Engineer - Island Cloud
Crusoe · San Francisco, CA
Climate ChangePosted 3 weeks ago
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation. We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe colocates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Island Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by Crusoe that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
About the Role
Our values drive our work from thinking like a mountaineer, our relentless commitment to resource efficiency and tapping into our collective genius. At Crusoe, you will be challenged to do the best work of your entire life and to be and become your best self. Our teams are empowered to tackle hard problems that benefit our customers, grow our business and create a positive impact in reducing global emissions. You should have a proven track record of building fast, highly available distributed systems at scale. You should have deep experience and nuanced opinions on existing cloud services and developer tools. You will be working with a highly coordinated team on the forefront of cloud and distributed system technologies. You’ll be responsible for building big areas of a new cloud service infrastructure from the ground up. You’ll lead engineers technically to help evolve our services and architecture to better serve our customers. You’ll coordinate cross-functional technical projects and make sure the scope and deliverables are always on track.
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Rust, Java, or C++
- 3+ years of experience contributing to architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithm design
- Proven experience in building and maintaining scalable and highly available fault-tolerant distributed systems and application architectures
- Solid understanding of infrastructure design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices and build systems, such as GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform
- Experience in concurrency, multi-threading and synchronization
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Embody the company values
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents.
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a 4% match
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.