DevOps Engineering / SRE
Alpha Medical · Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 3 weeks ago Claim this company
Alpha Medical (www.helloalpha.com) is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a passion for improving the way people access healthcare today. The SRE will work to ensure the Alpha platform and services are always available for our patients and the Alpha Care Team who rely on access to our applications to receive and provide care respectively. Alpha Medical is building and maintaining an active telemedicine platform available in over 40 states. This platform includes the marketing website, the “Patient Dashboard” that patients use to view their services and message the Alpha Care Team, and the “Clinician Dashboard” that the Alpha Care Team uses to view, manage and communicate with our patients.
Remote available only within US.
- Develop and improve production monitoring and management capabilities
- Coordinate with team to manage product releases each sprint cycle
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Lead the creation of incident management procedures so that the team understands the process of reporting, triaging, and resolving production support issues
- Write and update documentation related to resolving any production issues
- Be the first point of contact and serve as a “first-responder” for the Alpha Care Team when production issues arise
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events
- Continually improve reliability and quality of our suite of applications
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to improve the stability of the system through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Ensure that all necessary tasks have been completed and validated ahead of releases
- Collaborate with engineering team to design and implement scalable applications
- 3+ years experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- BS in Computer Science or related field involving coding, or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and principles related to DevOps and SRE
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with task management platforms like Asana, JIRA, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Telemedicine or healthcare related technology experience a bonus
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Have a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Have a passion for delivering scalable technology solutions
- Able to communicate engineering problems and solutions effectively to non-technical members of the team
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a leading role in developing our foundational engineering processes
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where priorities may change quickly and frequently
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
About the company - www.helloalpha.com
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Reproductive Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in over 40 states with plans to continue our state expansion.