Full Stack Engineer, Climate
Stripe · San Francisco, CA/New York, NY/Seattle, WA
Stripe Climate makes it simple for any business to combat climate change. In under a minute, Stripe merchants can direct a fraction of their revenue toward initiatives that permanently remove CO2 from the atmosphere. Stripe Climate uses these funds to purchase carbon removal from a select portfolio of high potential carbon removal projects. If successful, we will have helped accelerate the availability of low-cost, permanent carbon removal technologies—and increased the likelihood that the world has the portfolio of solutions needed to avoid the most catastrophic effects of climate change.
As a full stack engineer on Climate, you’ll have the opportunity to work on all parts of the product stack, from backend money movements to frontend product surfaces. You’ll be building features that enable customers and businesses of all sizes to easily contribute funds to carbon removal, run experiments to evaluate product opportunities and increase contribution rates, and work with designers and data scientists to develop visual, interactive reports that present a contributor’s impact on the climate.
- Scope, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to Stripe’s Climate product
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 3+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Measure your success in terms of impact, not lines of code Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc.