Senior Product Manager
Swiftly · San Francisco, CA or Remote
Human Rights & EqualityPosted 3 weeks ago Claim this company
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 5,500 transit professionals in over 100 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 1.5 billion passenger trips per year.
Product at Swiftly
The Product team at Swiftly cherishes the delicate balance among delivering customer value, growing a sustainable business, and working within technical constraints. We listen carefully and empathize with customers and end users to understand their pain points and craft smart and lovely solutions that scale. We help everyone at the company understand why features and products are important, so that our designers and developers are equipped to solve root problems, our customer success team can help our customers thrive, and our growth teams can connect our work to a compelling narrative grounded in the user’s needs. We believe in giving product teams hard problems to solve and empowering the team to solve them in creative ways.
While our customers are transit agencies and operators, we never lose sight of the fact that our users and those they seek to impact - transit riders - are human. We are meticulous about every transition and user flow to ensure that our products are intuitive, valuable, and engaging.
About the Role
Swiftly is looking for a Senior Product Manager to bring lovable and real-world-impacting products to transportation agencies and transit riders. You will join a cross-functional product team to identify and craft transit network insights using massive volumes of data. This could include delivering data through APIs and building visualizations for real-time or historical transit network performance. Swiftly is an incredibly mission-driven organization, and we are looking to welcome someone excited by our mission to help cities move more efficiently.
- Balance the needs of current and potential customers, the business, and developer resources to build solutions to real-world problems.
- Proactively and collaboratively de-risk investments by testing the value, viability, feasibility, usability, and lovability of new products and enhancements.
- Facilitate short-term product planning to keep the team focused on top priorities in light of the longer term vision.
- Iterate on the product development process to continually increase velocity.
- Gracefully navigate around or through anything blocking progress.
- Regularly share progress in tangible ways with the rest of the team to honestly communicate successes, bottlenecks, course-corrections, and changes.
- Quantify and share the impact of your team's work.
- Partner with go-to-market teams to ensure product launches have a strong place in the market.
- 4+ years of experience as a software Product Manager
- Launches successful products, ideally API-driven web applications, but a bonus would be cross-platform and an understanding of both consumer and enterprise software
- Generates, tracks, and reports on product success metrics
- Experience optimizing and enhancing products in an existing market
- Instruments or engages with customer discovery directly with a variety of tactics (interviews, surveys, usability testing, etc)
- Works closely with engineers to evaluate and deliver on complex technical tasks
- Smartly incorporates direct customer feedback and requests into product development
- Makes tough prioritization decisions to ensure that products align with growth goals of the business
- Champions a user-centric, design-led product development approach
- Communicates effectively and persuasively to bring folks together on a focused and coherent path forward
- Wants to be a committed contributor on a strong team with a sense of shared purpose
- Asks for and gives feedback
You'll be a good fit if you:
- are excited to be part of a mission-driven company. Regardless of your why, it is important that you care about the work we do.
- are a dynamic team player and seek to make valuable contributions wherever it is most-needed at any given time.
- love solving problems with data.
- have worked on a team (or want to work on a team) that builds software that delights customers and drives impact.
- embrace a growth mindset both for yourself and your fellow teammates. At Swiftly, we recognize that technology is always changing and requires continual learning. You love learning and helping those around you grow.
- are open to receiving feedback (a core Swiftly value!), approach technical debates with humility, and participate in blameless postmortems when things go wrong.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.