Senior Frontend Engineer
FarmTogether · Remote (USA)
Recognizing that farming is one of the most vital industries on our planet, we want to drive sustainable and prosperous food systems that work for everyone in our globally connected world.
We are creating a technology-driven investment and trading platform for a brand new asset class - a $9 trillion global farmland market, previously only accessible to the largest institutional investors. This is a unique opportunity to join at the very beginning of this exciting journey and help grow a truly innovative financial product while also having an active role in battling climate change and creating food systems of the future.
Our vision is to provide all investors with access to farmland investments, and farmers and farmland owners with access to flexible and creative capital.
- Investors across the globe are looking for new investment opportunities. You will have a chance to work on client-facing functionality as well as internal operational tools ensuring best in class investor experience.
- As a Front-End Software Engineer working on FarmTogether investment platform, you will:
- Closely with a team of product managers, UX designers, and back-end engineers to build core investment functionality
- Scale the architecture of our front-end by building out our component library and ensuring our web-application and API layers are built out in a consistent and maintainable way
- Use React and TypeScript while building super-refined, elegant user interfaces
- Follow solid design and high-quality implementation practices
- Build monitoring and alerting services to ensure reliability and performance of the products
- Be part of weekly on-call rotations to quickly resolve any infrastructure issues whenever our application becomes unavailable
- Make a difference in the lives of people everywhere who use FarmTogether to invest in alternative assets!
What we’re looking for:
- Good understanding of browser, web protocols and Single-Page Application (SPA) principles
- Strong work experience with ReactJs and ReactJS Material UI
- Understanding architecture patterns and best practices.
- Experience in UI testing (unit tests, performance testing)
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker, and Kubernetes is appreciated
- Strong knowledge of REST principles for integration with 3rd-party vendors
- Teamwork and have a strong sense of empathy
- Open to feedback and ideas from others; able to disagree and commit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline
About the team:
The founding and executive teams have decades of institutional experience in ag, farmland, and food investing, having previously deployed over $1B into this asset class. We also have deep financial and tech expertise that allows us to build investment products for the future. We’ve raised several million dollars in VC and angel funding to date. We have thousands of investors on our platform and deployed millions of dollars into farmland deals across the United States.
We’ve already created a diverse work environment and strive to maintain it because we value different perspectives and experiences and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our backers include Blue Seed Collective, Franklin Templeton ($1.5T global asset manager), Richie Prager (a former key executive at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world), founders of Grammarly, founder of Pillpack, former CEO of Fonterra (largest dairy exporter in the world) and many other prominent financial, agricultural and tech professionals.