Senior Software Engineer, Automation (Systems SW)
Tesla · Palo Alto, CA
Tesla is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Systems SW Automation team. This team is focused on testing all system level features (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cell connectivity, Audio/Video pipelines, Performance, etc.) that support our user experiences in the Model S, 3, X, Y etc and beyond. You will work with other developers, automation engineers, user experience testers to ensure new features are well built and tested through automation. You will be responsible for developing new framework/features and creating automated tests to cover all new and legacy features.
- Develop/build new feature code from scratch.
- Develop automated test scripts that validate UI/UX functionality specific to maps and navigation.
- Design and develop cost effective HW test benches to optimize your testing efforts and minimize testing costs.
- Develop detailed test plans with cases that represent all customer use cases, edge cases and negative test cases.
- Work closely with automation engineers, developers, and user experience testers to ensure the features are well tested through automation.
- Collaborate with our frameworks team to integrate these automated test cases into our continuous integration pipeline.
- Investigate failures of automated test executions and maintain regression tests.
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields or practical software engineering experience.
- Minimum 1+ year of software testing, automation development and/or QA Engineering experience (hiring all levels: Senior, Staff, Lead).
- 1+ year of experience developing/testing Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cell connectivity or audio/video pipelines.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, demanding and highly collaborative environment.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environments.
- Strong experience with industry standard development and/or automation tools (Stash, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Docker, etc).
- Familiarity with industry continuous integration concepts.
- Strong coding skills with one of the following: Python, C++, Java or Ruby.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).