Software Product Manager, Pipeline
Techstars · Remote (USA)
We are looking for a Product Manager to help us build software solutions for entrepreneurs worldwide. Techstars already has one of the largest portfolios in early stage venture capital, with over 2,300 portfolio companies, a combined market cap of more than $193B, and 12 unicorns. In this role, you’ll take products to market that enable promising founders to get started on building their business. You will help us build relationships and engagement with these customers and help drive the best of the best to our Accelerator Programs. As a result you will help Techstars attract 10x more founders, and contribute directly to scaling the Techstars footprint to serve more entrepreneurs than ever before.
As the Product Manager for the Pipeline Software Development team, you will lead a squad of engineers and designers to define, design and develop solutions to deliver best-in-class experiences that drive conversion for our accelerator programs. You will guide product development from start to finish, enforcing rigorous quality standards that drive a culture of excellence across disciplines. In doing this all, you will deliver software products that educate and support thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide.
You should be a design thinker who is technically savvy, with the ability to focus on core user problems and prioritize ruthlessly. You have deep empathy for users, and an organic ability to step into their shoes at a moment's notice. Data is at the forefront of everything you do, and you know how to measure and interpret the success of your decisions and the team's efforts.
You can effectively manage an array of products simultaneously, and navigate complex situations that demand agility and attentiveness, while maintaining equanimity and delivering on deadlines. You thrive working alongside engineers and designers, but also excel at producing work that requires deep thought autonomously.
Techstars is a mission driven company with a collaborative and supportive culture - we are looking for people who are curious, humble and strive for excellence. We value integrity and teamwork above all else.
- You will develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to create best in class experiences for prospective founders worldwide informed by research, sourcing pipeline health and user experience data. Products include the techstars website, accelerator application process, platforms that support entrepreneur learning and development, and internal systems that power accelerator sourcing and selection
- You will translate product vision and strategy using lean and agile production principles, and effectively communicate product requirements to producers and non technical teams
- You will work closely with engineers and designers to ship exceptionally crafted products that drive conversion, using a highly iterative approach to delivery
- You will lead and administer agile/scrum ceremonies, and build and manage a high quality product backlog that reflects prioritized customer needs
- You will own and manage entire products and experiments end-to-end, including conducting research, writing product specs, directing design, contributing to technical architectural decisions, driving cross-functional execution, defining go-to-market strategies and sharing insights and results throughout the company
- You will define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics, instrumenting qualitative and quantitative methods to measure outcomes
- You will be a subject matter expert in your product area, with deep knowledge of your customer needs through user research, internal knowledge and competitive market data
- 4+ years of software product management experience building consumer facing products that drive conversion. You can take high level strategic direction from senior leaders and apply proven software development methodologies to deliver concrete outcomes with minimal guidance
- Technical experience and an understanding of computer science fundamentals to help drive conversations with engineers. Capable of switching between low level implementation details to overarching strategic product intent
- Analytical acumen, and a deep understanding of consumer facing software product metrics. Experience with designing, running and analyzing experiments such as A/B tests and using tools such as Google Analytics
- Proficiency in user centered design and design thinking principles and process, with a demonstrated obsession to build simple and intuitive user experiences no matter how complex the problem
- Substantial experience with lean and agile methodologies
- Flawless track record of timely delivery and an ability to hold your team to this standard
- Natural leadership capability that balances diplomacy with assertiveness, and influence with partnership
- Exception product taste, craftsmanship and judgement, within incredible attention to detail
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Passion, experience and knowledge of the venture capital industry
- Background in Computer science or design, and experience building well-designed and useful software products
Compensation range: $110,000 - $130,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.