Senior Product Manager
Fiveable · Milwaukee, WI
About the job
Our mission is to make learning easy and fun. We know that educational inequities have left students overwhelmed and fending for themselves. In order to close the opportunity gap, we need to create space for students to be creative and curious. To do this, we've created a social network for online learning communities through interactive content and courses. Because of COVID, we're in a lightning strike moment for education and we're fired up to change the way things are for high school students.
We're a creative group of former teachers, community builders, game designers, and generally curious people who are driven by social impact. We're focused on building a diverse team and are inclusive of all backgrounds. And we're big on growth mindsets - we're all learning!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to direct product development on our main product, Fiveable.me— a platform for high school students to find community support, the highest quality free resources, and affordable programming & curriculum.This person will translate ideas into strategy & features, and follow product development cycles from start to finish.
We’re looking for someone that’s comfortable owning a product roadmap and can balance competing priorities with grace. An ideal candidate will demonstrate strong empathy for our users & their problems, and can be the glue between design / engineering / marketing to ensure we’re aligned, maximizing our efforts, and always building the right products to solve the right problems for high school students.
- Creative - You always find a way to get something done.
- Passionate - You care deeply and pour yourself into what you do.
- Efficient - You work smarter, not harder.
- Candid - You communicate consistently and authentically
- Flexible - You go with the flow and find new paths to your goals.
- Empathetic - You understand how others feel and know why they act the way they do
- A Problem-Solver - You take initiative to present solutions to problems that you encounter or notice
- 3+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of web product management and best practices for browser-based experiences
- Experience in a collaborative and agile environment shipping daily
- Experience partnering with engineering, design, and content teams to deliver products for end users
- Ability to translate business and customer needs into scalable solutions
- Written and verbal communication skills that can create clarity for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Drive product strategy and cross-functional teams to grow Fiveable.me into an essential platform for high school students.
- Maintain a customer-driven product vision aligned to business needs and strategy
- Drive product roadmap iteration based on continuous learning
- Manage product feature life cycle from ideation to planning and execution
- Align team on product objectives, requirements, priorities, and releases
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, learning leads, experience leads to build the product
- Communicate product initiative progress and needs to relevant partners and leaders
Fiveable is a small, but growing edtech startup that is fiercely committed to its employees. Here is what you can expect from your Fiveable experience
- A front row seat to education innovation at an early stage startup
- A company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity
- The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world and build your home office with a generous stipend
- Comprehensive benefits (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Unlimited paid days off and stipends for mental health support
- Competitive compensation with stock options