Use your skills for good by helping refugees and local disadvantaged people learn to code, be more confident - and ultimately, find meaningful work in tech.
We are now delivering our services online, but we can't do it without people like you.
18.00 - Welcome and networking
18.20 - About CYF - mission and program details
18.30 - Volunteer opportunities
18.50 - Q&A and networking
We have roles that you can do anywhere:
- Teaching assistants. Help out in online coding class on occasional weekends. A super fun role, which takes place on Sat or Sun.
- Outreach - coordination and social media. Help tell our story and bring new people in though social media, NGO outreach and event organisation. 2-3 hrs p/w.
- Personal Mentors. 3 hours per month mentoring a student towards professional job readiness. 3 hours p/m
Regional roles (West Midlands, Scotland, North West and London)
- Personal Development. Help students stay on track with personal guidance on soft skills. No professional qualifications required. Several hrs p/w.
- Education team leadership. Help plan classes, lead on the teaching on weekend classes. Several hours p/w.
People from all industries welcome in our vibrant community, not only tech.